We are delighted to be able to confirm that Pauls Sports and Social Club Ltd will reopen on Saturday 4th July. There will be a limited selection of drinks available initially and our opening hours will be shorter. Safety of all our staff and customers is paramount, so things will look and feel different to when we closed the doors in March.
The following procedures will be in place when we reopen:
- A one-way system will be in place and signage/footprints used to guide customers
- Please enter the club via the main door from the car park only, ensuring you use the hand sanitiser provided
- One member of your party only should proceed to the members bar to provide contact information for track and trace* and order drinks
- All other members of your group to find a table – there will be seating in the main bar and outside. Customers are welcome to bring their own blankets and pop up chairs for use on the field
- Once you have ordered please collect drinks from the designated collection point and move to your seats – there will be no standing or sitting at the bar.
- Tables inside and out have been set for strict social distancing, so please do not move them
- Please remember that if you are meeting people outside of your household this should be in groups of no more than 6 outside and that you should remain at least 1m away from people you do not live with. It is essential that everyone respects social distancing guidelines to comply with opening restrictions – this does mean that customers who gather in large groups and refuse to disperse, or appear drunk and may not be in control of their actions to follow the guidelines will be asked to immediately leave the premises.
- Please ensure that children visiting the club remain within family groups and do not visit the toilets alone.
- Toilets – only 2 people to be in the toilets at any one time. Queueing may therefore be required – please follow the signage and/or directions of staff as necessary
- Smoking –As more people will be sitting outside smoking and vaping will be permitted in designated outside areas only.
- Please make all payments by topping up your membership card for prepayment or using contactless cards wherever possible.
- There will be no access to fruit machines, sweet dispensers, toy machines, pool tables or darts boards at the current time.
- Capacity inside will be reduced. This may result in needing to queue to gain access if the club is busy – this is more likely in wet weather if outside seating is not being used.
- Please dispose of rubbish in the bins provided
- We are situated in a residential cul de sac. Please be considerate of our neighbours when sitting outside, particularly if later in the day.
- Please accept all the measures we have put into place – they are for the safety of all our staff and customers. We ask that all customers regularly wash their hands or use hand sanitiser whilst on the premises and follow the directions of staff as requested.
- If you have any questions please ask us. Guidelines may change as we go along – if you see something that you think could be done differently or doesn’t feel right please let us know! Speak to a member of staff or email the Management Committee – Committee@paulsclubipswich.co.uk
- By visiting Pauls Sports and Social Club Ltd and using our facilities, you are accepting that these protocols and procedures are in place to minimise the risk of infection but cannot completely remove such risk. Pauls Sports and Social Club Ltd will accept no responsibility for anyone being infected with Corona Virus after visiting the premises.
- If you have any symptoms of Corona virus, or other illnesses, please do not visit us – we look forward to seeing you again when you are feeling well.
Our opening times will be regularly reviewed – we will update these on our website and social media pages. Our initial opening times will be:
- Saturday and Sunday 12:00 – 20:00
- Monday – Friday 16:00 – 20:00
If the club is not busy/there are no customers on site staff will have the discretion to close early – if you are considering visiting the club within 60 minutes of the advertised closing time it is advisable to call the club on 01473 604874 to ascertain if we are still open.
Simply Ts Catering
Simply Ts will be opening again at the club.
For now a reduced menu will be available, and all food will be served in disposable containers with limited condiments.
- Please order food at the Kitchen window, following directional signage and then return to your seat.
- When your food is ready you will be advised it is available from the collection point.
Simply Ts catering will be open on Saturday 4th July 15:00-18:00, with future opening hours to be advised.
A number of memberships will be due for renewal having expired on the 31st March. On Friday 3rd July between 12:00 – 20:00 it will be possible for members to visit the club to renew memberships and top up prepayment cards. It will also be possible to make takeaway purchases (own container required) to enjoy at home.
*Track and Trace – we will require full name and contact details every time you visit Pauls Sports and Social Club until advised otherwise by Government. ‘Bob’ or ‘member 121’ will not be sufficient information. Refusal to provide these details will mean we are unable to serve you and you will have to leave the premises. All records will be destroyed after 21days in line with guidelines.